LONGEST FIELD GOALS
(Regular Season Team History)
Player Opp. Date FG
1. Matt Bryant PHI 10/22/06 62
2. Connor Barth WAS 9/30/12 57
2. Michael Husted @LA* 12/19/93 57
4. Connor Barth @DEN 12/2/12 55
4. Connor Barth HOU 11/13/11 55
4. Martin Gramatica DET 10/19/00 55
4. Donald Igwebuike @MIN 11/30/86 55
4. Patrick Murray @NO 10/5/14 55
*Los Angeles Raiders
- On the Saints drive following the Buccaneers’ field goal, CB Johnathan Banks recorded his first interception of the season, picking off Saints QB Drew Brees at the Saints’ 40-yard line.
- Following Banks’ interception, QB Mike Glennon connected with WR Louis Murphy for a 20-yard touchdown. The touchdown reception is the first of the season for Murphy and his first as a Buccaneer.
- On the opening drive of the second half, the Buccaneers drove 80 yards, with RB Bobby Rainey scoring on a nine-yard rush. The rushing touchdown is Rainey’s first of the season and the sixth of his career.
- WR Vincent Jackson had eight catches for 144 yards in today’s game. It is Jackson’s 10th 100-yard receiving game as a Buccaneer, the fifth-most in franchise history. Jackson now has 2,886 receiving yards with Tampa Bay, the 11th-most in team history.
- S Mark Barron had two passes defensed in this game, matching a career-high. It marked the fourth time in his career he has registered two passes defensed. Barron also had nine tackles in today’s contest.
- On the Saints’ final possession in regulation, CB Alterraun Verner recorded his first interception of the season, picking off a pass from Brees at the Tampa Bay 11-yard line. Verner also had three passes defensed, which matched a career-high, accomplished three times previously, most recently against Kansas City as a member of the Tennessee Titans (10/6/13).
- The Buccaneers recorded 11 passes defensed in today’s game, the most they have had in a single game since 2009 (at Carolina 12/6/09).
- LB Lavonte David had a game-high and season-high 14 tackles in today’s game. It is the most tackles that David has recorded in a game since 2012 (vs. San Diego, 11/11/12). David had two tackles for loss in today’s contest. He entered the game with an NFL-best eight TFL.
- Following the Buccaneers rushing touchdown, LB Danny Lansanah intercepted a pass from Brees, returning it 33 yards for a touchdown. The INT TD is Lansanah’s second of the season. He is one of four linebackers in Buccaneers history to record multiple INT TDs in the same season and one of 10 players overall to accomplish the feat.
BUCCANEERS WITH MULTIPLE INTERCEPTION TOUCHDOWNS
Player Season Int. TD
CB Donnie Abraham 1999 7 2
CB Ronde Barber 2006 3 2
LB Derrick Brooks 2002 5 3
DB Cedric Brown 1981 9 2
LB Mason Foster 2013 2 2
LB Hugh Green 1983 2 2
CB Wayne Haddix 1990 7 3
S Tanard Jackson 2009 5 2
LB Danny Lansanah 2014 2 2
CB Aqib Talib 2011 2 2
- Lansanah’s INT TD marked 24 unanswered points for the Buccaneers. The last time that Tampa Bay has scored at least 24 unanswered points was in the final game of 2011 (24, at Atlanta, 1/1/12).
- Lansanah finished the game with career-highs in tackles (10) and passes defensed (two).
- After New Orleans scored to bring the score to 24-20, the Buccaneers drove 81-yards down the field and scored a touchdown, capping it off with a nine-yard passing touchdown to WR Robert Herron, his first career touchdown reception.. The 81-yard drive is the team’s longest scoring drive of the season
- Tampa Bay’s three interceptions of Saints QB Drew Brees are tied for the most he has thrown against the Buccaneers. The previous two occurrences were both at Tampa Bay (11/30/08; 10/16/11).