Team to Give Away 2,000 Preseason Tickets to Bucs Squad Members Who Sign Up Through New Official Bucs Squad WebsiteOn Thursday, July 28, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will kick off 2016 training camp with support from the newest group of Buccaneers fans – Bucs Squad, an exciting, free kids club designed to get the next generation of Bucs fans behind the bench and inside the huddle with their favorite NFL team. While the first day of training camp is closed to the general public, Bucs Squad members and their families will get an exclusive first look at the 2016 Buccaneers as they hit the practice fields at One Buccaneer Place on Thursday morning beginning at 8:45 a.m.
Additionally, the Buccaneers will be giving away 2,000 tickets on a first come-first serve basis to the team’s August 26 preseason game versus the Cleveland Browns to Bucs Squad members who join through the team’s website at Buccaneers.com/BucsSquad. Parents may still register their children on the website for participation in Bucs Squad Day at training camp and for a chance at the ticket giveaway.
“We are thrilled to launch the Bucs Squad in conjunction with the exciting start of this year’s training camp,” said Glazer Family Foundation Co-President Darcie Glazer Kassewitz. “Our young fans are some of our best supporters and we want to ensure they remain Buccaneers fans for life. Bucs Squad members can look forward to connecting with their favorite players in fun, completely unique ways that will turn their gameday experiences and year-round interactions with the team into lifelong memories.”
Bucs Squad memberships are open to all fans 14 and under and will provide the junior Bucs fan with exclusive, one-of-a-kind gameday experiences, fun online content and year-round events at Raymond James Stadium as well as the team’s headquarters at One Buccaneer Place.
Throughout training camp, fans will get their first chance to sample some of these opportunities available to members, such as the “Bucs Squad Experience,” a hands-on, interactive play park created especially for kids. During the season, the “Bucs Squad Experience” will cover over 21,000 square feet and will be located across from Raymond James Stadium’s South Plaza. The area will open three and a half hours leading up to kickoff. Featured activities will include the opportunity to:
- Play like the pros by testing their passing, rushing, and kicking skills
- Simulate how they’d run out onto the field and celebrate a Bucs touchdown
- Experience calling plays just like a real announcer
- Compete against other Madden gamers on Xbox One
- Tour the Bucs Street Team RV and Glazer Family Foundation Vision Mobile
- Hang with Captain Fear and the Buccaneers Cheerleaders, and more.
In addition, each Bucs Squad member will receive:
- A personalized Bucs Squad membership certificate
- A one-time 10% discount on Bucs Squad merchandise at the Buccaneers Official Online Store
- A special monthly Bucs Squad birthday shout-out from a Buccaneers player
- The chance to be featured on BucVision, and much more.
To share all of your favorite Bucs Squad moments on social media, use #BucsSquad. For complete details and additional information regarding the Bucs Squad, please visit Buccaneers.com/BucsSquad.
- ### -