- Evans finished the game with eight catches for 164 yards and one touchdown. The eight catches mark a career high, while the 164 receiving yards are the second-highest of his career and are a season best.
- Today’s game is Evans’ second 100-yard receiving game this season and the fifth of his career. His five 100-yard receiving games are the most by a Buccaneers player in their first two seasons in team history.
- Tampa Bay scored a touchdown on its opening possession for the first time since 12/14/14 at Carolina.
- On the Buccaneers’ second possession, the team drove 71 yards in eight plays, culminating in a 22-yard field goal from K Connor Barth, giving the team a 10-0 lead. The last time that Tampa Bay scored on its first two possessions was at Pittsburgh last season (9/28/14).
- With his first quarter field goal, Barth passed Donald Igwebuike for sole possession of the fourth-most made field goals in team history. Barth later added a 45-yard field goal and a 21-yard field goal. He now has 97 career made field goals with Tampa Bay.
BUCCANEERS CAREER MADE FIELD GOALS
Rank Player, Years FGs
1. Martin Gramatica, 1999-2004 137
2. Michael Husted, 1993-98 117
3. Matt Bryant, 2005-08 98
4. Connor Barth, 2009-12, 2015 97
5. Donald Igwebuike, 1985-89 94
- Tampa Bay scored a touchdown on its third possession, with Winston connecting with WR Donteea Dye for a seven-yard touchdown on a 14-play, 72-yard, 7:00 drive. The 14 plays are the most on a scoring drive by the Buccaneers this season and the 7:00 marks the longest scoring drive by play time for the team this season.
- The touchdown reception marked Dye’s first career reception.
- Winston finished the game going 21-of-29 (72.4 pct.) for 297 yards and two touchdowns, with a passer rating of 128.1. His 297 passing yards, 72.4 percent completion rate and 128.1 passer rating are all career highs, with his passing yards tying for the fourth-most ever by a Buccaneers rookie and his 128.1 passer rating standing as the third-best mark by a rookie in team history.
MOST PASSING YARDS BY A ROOKIE IN A SINGLE GAME
Player Opponent-Date Pass Yds
1. Vinny Testaverde at NO-12/6/87 369
2. Josh Freeman at CAR-12/8/09 321
3. Doug Williams vs. MIN-10/1/78 311
4. Shaun King vs. DET-12/12/99 297
4. Jameis Winston at WAS-10/25/15 297
HIGHEST PASSER RATING BY A ROOKIE IN A SINGLE GAME
Player Opponent-Date Rtg.
1. Mike Glennon at DET-11/17/13 138.4
2. Mike Glennon vs.ATL-11/17/13 137.5
3. Jameis Winston at WAS-10/25/15 128.1
4. Mike Glennon at SEA-11/3/13 123.1
5. Jameis Winston vs. JAC-10/11/15 122.5
6. Josh Freeman at ATL-11/30/09 118.5
7. Jameis Winston at NO-9/20/15 114.6
8. Shaun King at CHI-1/2/00 109.4
9. Doug Williams at KC-10/8/78 108.2
10. Bruce Gradkowski at NO-10/8/06 107.6
- On the possession following Dye’s touchdown catch, with the Redskins facing third-and seven, Buccaneers DE Jacquies Smith recorded his fifth sack of the season, dropping Washington QB Kirk Cousins for a 12-yard loss and forcing a fumble, which was recovered by Tampa Bay DE Howard Jones and returned 43 yards for a touchdown, the first touchdown of Jones’ career.
- The Buccaneers now have two fumbles returned for touchdowns this season, the most they have recorded in a season since 2005, when they had three. The team has recorded a fumble returned for a touchdown in consecutive contests for only the second time in team history (also 10/18/87 vs. MIN-10/25/87 vs. CHI).
- With the fumble recovery by Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers have now recorded a takeaway in 12 consecutive contests, the team’s longest streak since doing so in 13 straight contests from 2009-10 (11/29/09 at ATL-11/7/10 at ATL).
- RB Doug Martin finished today’s game with 19 carries for 136 yards (7.2 avg.), his third consecutive game with at least 100 rushing yards, becoming only the third running back in team history to post three or more consecutive games with at least 100 rushing yards (also James Wilder, six games, 12/9/84 vs. ATL-9/29/85 at DET; Carnell Williams, 9/11/05 at MIN-9/25/05 at GB).
- Martin’s now has 10 career 100-yard rushing games, the third-most in franchise history.
MOST 100-YARD RUSHING GAMES – Team History
Rank Player 100-Yd. Games
1. RB James Wilder, 1981-89 14
2. RB Warrick Dunn, 1997-2001, 2008 11
3. RB Doug Martin, 2012-Pres. 10
4. RB Carnell Williams, 2005-10 9
5. RB Ricky Bell, 1977-81 8*
5. RB Michael Pittman, 2002-07 8**
5. RB Errict Rhett, 1994-97 8
8. FB Mike Alstott, 1996-2007 7
8. RB LeGarrette Blount, 2010-12 7
8. RB Reggie Cobb, 1990-93 7
*Includes one playoff game
**Includes Super Bowl XXXVII
- Martin recorded a season-long 49-yard run in the fourth quarter, part of a 91-yard drive that culminated in a 21-yard field goal by Connor Barth. The drive was Tampa Bay’s longest of the season and the longest that the team has recorded since facing Baltimore last season (92-yard touchdown drive 10/5/14).
- Tampa Bay finished the game with 190 rushing yards, a season high and the most since 2013 (205 at Seattle, 11/3/13).
- The Buccaneers registered 203 yards in the first quarter, their highest output in a quarter since tallying 208 in 2012 (at OAK, 11/4/12).
- Tampa Bay finished today’s game with 479 yards, the team’s third straight game with at least 350 yards, the Buccaneers’ longest streak since 2012 (three consecutive: 12/16/12 at NO-12/30/12 at ATL). With today’s totals, the team has eclipsed 300 yards in each of their past five games, their longest streak since 2012 (seven consecutive: 11/18/12 at CAR-12/30/12 at ATL).
- Tampa Bay’s 479 net yards are the fifth-highest total in a single game in team history.
MOST YARDS TOTAL OFFENSE - (Team History)
Yards Opponent Date
573 at Minnesota 11/16/80
515 at Oakland 11/04/12
513 vs. New Orleans 10/21/12
483 at Indianapolis 10/16/88
479 at Washington 10/25/15
- The Buccaneers finished the game going 7-of-12 on third down, a 58.3 percent conversion rate, which stands as a season high and the most since facing Atlanta last season (11/9/14).