- With Tampa Bay backed up on its own 4-yard line, FB Jorvorskie Lane got his first touch as a Buccaneer, running for 54 yards, a career-long carry. Lane is the first Buccaneers player listed exclusively at fullback to record a run of 50 or more yards.
- In the fourth quarter, WR Chris Owusu caught his first career touchdown, a 19-yard pass from QB Josh McCown. Owusu finished the game with two catches for 20 yards.
- Following the Tampa Bay score, DT Gerald McCoy helped end Carolina’s ensuing drive, dropping Panthers QB Derek Anderson for a nine-yard loss on third down. With that sack, McCoy now has 15.5 since 2012, tied for the second-most by a defensive tackle in the NFL during that time.
2012-14 SACK LEADERS (Defensive Tackles)*
Rank Player (Team) Sacks
1. Geno Atkins (Cincinnati) 18.5
2. Gerald McCoy (Tampa Bay) 15.5
3. Kyle Williams (Buffalo) 15.5
4. Jurrell Casey (Tennessee) 13.5
4. Ndamukong Suh (Detroit) 13.5
- After McCoy helped stop the Panthers, McCown led another scoring drive, going 61 yards in two minutes and 17 seconds, capping it off with a touchdown pass to RB Bobby Rainey, his second career touchdown reception. In the fourth quarter, McCown went 13-of-19 for 107 yards with two touchdowns, for a passer rating of 117.7.
- McCown’s two fourth quarter touchdown passes are tied for a career best and the most by a Buccaneers quarterback since Josh Freeman threw two against Green Bay (11/20/11). McCown’s fourth quarter passer rating of 117.7 is the highest since Josh Freeman’s 118.8 in 2012 at Minnesota (10/25).
- LB Lavonte David recorded two tackles for loss in today’s game. Since entering the NFL in 2012, David has the second most TFLs in the league.
2012-14 TACKLE FOR LOSS LEADERS*
Rank Player (Team) TFLs
1. DE J.J. Watt (Houston) 66
2. LB Lavonte David (Tampa Bay) 43
3. LB Von Miller (Denver) 37
4. DE Robert Quinn (St. Louis) 35
5. DE Jared Allen (Chicago) 30
5. DE Greg Hardy (Carolina) 30
- Rookies WR Mike Evans and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins each made their NFL debut in today’s game and caught their first passes. Evans finished the game with five catches for 37 yards. Seferian-Jenkins finished the game with one catch for 26 yards, tied for the longest reception in the game by either team.
- In addition to Evans and Seferian-Jenkins, the following players made their NFL debut in today’s game: LS Andrew DePaola, CB Brandon Dixon, G Patrick Omameh and WR Solomon Patton.
- The following players made their Buccaneers debut in today’s game: T Anthony Collins, C Evan Dietrich-Smith, LB Dane Fletcher, OL Garrett Gilkey, CB Mike Jenkins, DE Michael Johnson, FB Jorvorskie Lane, G Logan Mankins, QB Josh McCown, DT Clinton McDonald, TE Brandon Myers, DL Scott Solomon and CB Alterraun Verner.