- The field goal on the opening possession gave Barth 500 points scored in his career, making him one of only 24 active players to reach that mark.
- Barth also connected on field goals of 45 and 47 yards, giving him 94 made field goals with the Buccaneers, tying Donald Igwebuike for the fourth-most in team history.
BUCCANEERS CAREER MADE FIELD GOALS
Rank Player, Years FGs
1. Martin Gramatica, 1999-2004 137
2. Michael Husted, 1993-98 117
3. Matt Bryant, 2005-08 98
4. Connor Barth, 2009-12, 2015 94
4. Donald Igwebuike, 1985-89 94
- On Jacksonville’s first possession, with the Jaguars facing third-and-four, DE Howard Jones – playing in his first career game – recorded his first career sack, dropping Jaguars QB Blake Bortles for a six-yard loss.
- Jones tallied his second sack of the day in the second quarter, bringing Bortles down for a nine-yard loss. Jones is the third player in team history to record multiple sacks in his first career game (also DT Santana Dotson and DT Curt Jarvis).
- RB Bobby Rainey returned the ensuing punt 58 yards, to the Jacksonville 17-yard line. His punt return is the longest by a Buccaneers player since 2009 (Michael Spurlock, 77-yard touchdown return at New Orleans, 12/27/09).
- Rainey finished the game with 85 punt return yards, the most by a Buccaneers player since 2008 (Clifton Smith, 90 yards at Detroit, 11/23/08) and his 28.3 average stands as the fourth-most in a game in team history (minimum three punt returns)
BUCCANERS HIGHEST PUNT RETURN AVG.
(Min. 3 Punt Returns)
Player Opp. Date Avg.
1. Karl Williams @IND 11/2/97 33.0
2. Karl Williams BUF 11/26/00 31.7
3. Vernon Turner DET 10/2/94 30.7
4. Bobby Rainey JAC 10/11/15 28.3
5. Jacquez Green @NO 10/25/98 27.7
- Rainey’s return helped set up the Buccaneers’ first touchdown of the day, a 10-yard pass from QB Jameis Winston to RB Doug Martin. It is Winston’s seventh touchdown pass of the season and Martin’s first receiving touchdown this year. Martin now has two career receiving touchdowns.
- Winston finished today’s game going 13-of-19 for 209 yards and 1 touchdown, with a passer rating of 122.5, the fourth-highest mark by a rookie in team history.
HIGHEST PASSER RATING BY A ROOKIE IN A SINGLE GAME
Player Opponent-Date Rtg.
1. Mike Glennon at DET-11/17/13 138.4
2. Mike Glennon vs.ATL-11/17/13 137.5
3. Mike Glennon at SEA-11/3/13 123.1
4. Jameis Winston vs. JAC-10/11/15 122.5
5. Josh Freeman at ATL-11/30/09 118.5
6. Jameis Winston at NO-9/20/15 114.6
7. Shaun King at CHI-1/2/00 109.4
8. Doug Williams at KC-10/8/78 108.2
9. Bruce Gradkowski at NO-10/8/06 107.6
10. Bruce Gradkowski vs. WAS-11/19/06 104.9
- On Jacksonville’s possession following Martin’s touchdown catch, S Bradley McDougald recorded his first interception of the season, picking off Jaguars QB Blake Bortles at the Jacksonville 41-yard line. McDougald now has two career interceptions.
- Following McDougald’s interception, Tampa Bay drove 41 yards in six plays, with the drive culminating in a one-yard touchdown run by Doug Martin. Martin later added another rushing touchdown, giving him three for the season and 17 for his career, passing RB Ricky Bell for the seventh-most rushing scores in team history.
BUCCANERS CAREER RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS
Rank Player, Year Rush TD
1. Mike Alstott, 1996-2007 58
2. James Wilder, 1981-89 37
3. Errict Rhett, 1994-97 24
4. Reggie Cobb, 1990-93 21
5. Carnell Williams, 2005-10 20
6. Warrick Dunn, 1997-01, 2008 19
7. Doug Martin, 2012-Present 17
8. Ricky Bell, 1977-81 16
9. Earnest Graham, 2004-11 15
9. Lars Tate, 1988-89 15
- With his scores today, Martin became only the second Buccaneers player to ever record two rushing touchdowns and a receiving touchdown in the same game (Bobby Rainey, vs. Atlanta, 11/17/13).
- Martin joins FB Mike Alstott as the only players in team history with multiple games of three or more touchdowns.
- Martin finished the game with 24 carries for 123 yards, his second consecutive game with 100 rushing yards, which is the first time a Buccaneers running back has posted consecutive 100-yard rushing contests since 2012 (Martin, 10/25/12 at MIN-11/4/12 at OAK).
- Today’s game marks Martin’s ninth career 100-yard rushing game, tied with Carnell Williams for the third-most in team history.
MOST 100-YARD RUSHING GAMES – Team History
Rank Player 100-Yd. Games
1. RB James Wilder, 1981-89 14
2. RB Warrick Dunn, 1997-2001, 2008 11
3. RB Doug Martin, 2012-Pres. 9
3. RB Carnell Williams, 2005-10 9
5. RB Ricky Bell, 1977-81 8*
5. RB Michael Pittman, 2002-07 8**
5. RB Errict Rhett, 1994-97 8
8. FB Mike Alstott, 1996-2007 7
8. RB LeGarrette Blount, 2010-12 7
8. RB Reggie Cobb, 1990-93 7
*Includes one playoff game
**Includes Super Bowl XXXVII
- In addition to Howard Jones’ two, the Buccaneers got sacks from DT Gerald McCoy (1.5), Kwon Alexander (1.0), Lavonte David (1.0) and Alterraun Verner (0.5). The sacks were the first of Alexander and Verner’s careers, while David’s marked his first this season and the 11th of his career.
- With his 1.5 sacks today, McCoy has brought his season total to 4.5, which is tied for the second-most in the NFL this season. Since 2012, his 27.5 sacks are the most by a defensive tackle.
2012-15 NFL SACK LEADERS (Defensive Tackles)
Rank Player (Team) Sacks
1. Gerald McCoy (Tampa Bay) 27.5
2. Geno Atkins (Cincinnati) 25.5
3. Marcell Dareus (Buffalo) 24.0
4. Ndamukong Suh (Miami) 22.0
5. Kyle Williams (Buffalo) 21.5
2015 NFL SACK LEADERS
Rank Player Sacks
1. DE Carlos Dunlap (CIN) 5.0
2. DT Gerald McCoy (TB) 4.5
2. LB Julius Peppers (GB) 4.5
2. LB Clay Matthews (GB) 4.5
2. DE DeMarcus Ware (DEN) 4.5
2. LB Derrick Morgan (TEN) 4.5
- RB Charles Sims finished the game with a career-high 136 yards from scrimmage (85 receiving, 51 rushing), leading the team in receiving. His 85 receiving yards are the most by a Buccaneers running back since 2007 (Earnest Graham, 99 at DET, 10/21/07).
- Martin (158) and Sims (136) are the first pair of Buccaneers running backs to go over 100 yards from scrimmage in the same game since 2002 (Mike Alstott & Michael Pittman vs. CLE, 10/13/02).
- The Buccaneers’ 183 rushing yards are the most the team has recorded this season and the most they have registered since Week 17 of 2014 (183 yards vs. NO, 12/28/14).
- Tampa Bay’s 20 points in the first half were the most they have scored in a first half this season and the most since also scoring 20 in the first half at New Orleans last season (10/5/14).
- The Buccaneers finished the game with 38 points, the most they have scored since totaling 41 against Atlanta in 2013 (11/17/13).
- Tampa Bay finished today’s game with 369 yards of offense. After posting 411 yards against Carolina last week, the team has recorded back-to-back games with 350 or more yards from scrimmage for the first time this season (last: 369 at CLE, 1/2/14-373 vs. ATL, 11/9/14).
- WR Donteea Dye and T Reid Fragel made their NFL debuts in today’s game.